Usually, all DevOps trainers advise you to set up the LAB environment on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc). But if you understand the technologies you can set it up easily on your super PC.
PC REQUIREMENTS : (WARNING!)
Processor : > = i3 (10th or 11th Gen)
RAM : 8GB (minimum)
Storage : SSD preferred
TIPS: If you using win11 or win10 and performance is very slow means use the below script.
Windows 11 only: https://github.com/builtbybel/ThisIsWin11
Windows 10 only: https://github.com/builtbybel/bloatbox
The LAB mainly depends on the docker platform. So First, start learning the basics of Docker.
Docker Basics: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/docker/index.htm
- Linux Knowledge (5/10) (installation of apps, editing scripts, user privileges, and troubleshooting)
- Web Development (3/10)
- Google Search and Stackoverflow (9/10)....... he he he.........
UTILITY TOOLS AND PRE-REQUISITES
- Install Window Terminal Preview from windows-Store
- Enable WSL /WSL2 on Windows
- Enable the "echo" Package from "Turn Windows feature on or off"
- Enable Hyper-V from "Turn Windows feature on or off"
- Download the Docker Desktop installer from the Docker website and run it.
- Double-click the Docker icon on your desktop to start Docker
- Wait for the Docker daemon to start.
Pull a Docker image
Run a Docker container
This will start a new Ubuntu container, and you will be dropped into a terminal inside the container. You can now run commands inside the container as if you were on a regular Ubuntu system.
Note: The -it flag tells Docker to allocate a pseudo-TTY and run the container in interactive mode. This allows you to type commands and see the output in the terminal.
Oky, I putting pulllll stop here. start to play on docker , crash it, recover it, and build your own container. will catch you in Part 2 back soon.