What is Ansible?
It is an Agent-less automation anyone can use. No need to install any kind of software on the scoped machines
Ansible loves Linux and has a crush on Python . that why Ansible Engine/Tower only runs on the Linux Operating system and builds on Python ( both 2.7 and 3. better to go with Python 3).
Which have the capability to command all the IT Products available in the globe. with 1800+ pre-build modules and other Third-party modules available in the market.
Here YAML using as a scripting language. Ansible belongs to RED HAT.
Ansible Golden triange
- Ansible Engine
- Used to run a simple Playbook (config) and Ad-Hoc command.
- license not required.
- Ansible Tower
- Used for Enterprise level Automation.
- Available with GUI, Running on Ansible Engine.
- License Required (can purchase from RED HAT )
- Minimum 4 GB RAM and 20GB Hard Disk space
- Ansible Galaxy
- Galaxy provides pre-packaged units of work known to Ansible as roles and collections
- It's a kind of Project repository. where you can store your Project Roles, help other's projects to complete, Download pre-build Roles, and templates.
Things to Know...
30,000+ stars & 11,000+ forks on GitHub
3,000+ GitHub contributors
Over 1,800 modules shipped with Ansible
New contributors added every day
1,500+ users on IRC channel
Top 10 open source projects in 2017
Worldwide meet-ups taking place every week
Ansible Galaxy: Over 18,000 subscribers
250,000+ downloads a month
AnsibleFests in Austin, NYC, SF, London